The latest signal that the era of the big podcast companies merely being creators of content is over comes with iHeartMedia’s announcement that it is buying Voxnest. Launched in 2018 following the merger of Spreaker and BlogTalkRadio, Voxnest brings to iHeart a suite of advertising capabilities and tools including podcast analytics, enterprise publishing, programmatic integration, and targeted ad serving. Terms of the deal weren’t immediately released. iHeartMedia had owned a minority stake in Voxnest. Read more
- Finalizing Stern Renewal, Fitting Digital Pieces Together Top Priorities At Sirius XM.
- SummitMedia Dials Down Use Of Nielsen Audio Ratings.
- Is Podcasting Still In Its Infancy? Not At All, Mark Cuban Says.
- Social Justice Takes The Stage At ANA Conference.
- Rep. Greg Walden Seeks Support On The Hill For His Broadcast Diversity Ownership Bill.
- Quick-Serve Restaurants Order Up Millions Of Radio Spots.
- Beasley Elected BMI Board Chair, O’Neill Renews As CEO.
- Comscore: Digital Commerce Makes Up 25% of Consumer Discretionary Spend.
- SiriusXM Reports 1% Revenue Growth, ‘Significant Progress’ In Extending Deal With Howard Stern.
- iHeartMedia New York Launches ‘Building Black Biz’ Initiative.
- Urban One Expands Into Financial Industry With One VIP Prepaid Debit Card.
- Amy Brown, Co-Host of ‘Bobby Bones Show,’ Launches Health & Wellness Podcast Net.