With tens of millions sheltering in place due to restrictions imposed by the COVID-19 pandemic, listeners are seeking out radio on new platforms. Fresh data from Nielsen’s flash survey of 1,000 adults 18+ in the U.S. conducted this past weekend shows more than one in four (27%) say they’ve “looked for new ways to listen to my favorite radio station/personality” because of the coronavirus outbreak and its associated restrictions. Read more
- Reader Poll: Stations Segue To More Appropriate Contests – Or None At All.
- COVID-19 Update: WDRV, KUOW, KRRL, WBAP/KLIF, CMG Atlanta, CBS Audio.
- Podcasting’s Most Crowded Genres Are Religion, Society & Culture.
- Nielsen: Radio Is ‘Comfort Food’ For Listeners Coping With Virus Pandemic.
- Hubbard Partners With KIRO-FM To Air News Updates On Its Seattle Stations.
- Top Marketers Discuss How To Communicate With Consumers During Challenging Times.
- iHeartMedia Withdraws 2020 Guidance, Boosts Liquidity By $350 Million.
- AdsWizz Automates ‘Host Read’ Podcast Campaigns.
- News Bites: Michael Savage, Nielsen Audio, Focus 360, GroundSwell Group.
- Reader Poll: Jocks Balance Vital Info With Much Needed Escape.
- It’s A Time To Emphasize Empathy, Not Advertising, RAB Webinar Says.
- Could COVID Crisis Lead To Larger Share Of Streaming For Radio?