Newly released data from the latest Smart Audio Report delivers good news for broadcasters: the share of time spent listening to AM/FM radio on a smart speaker rose to 24% in 2019, up from 18% in 2018. The latest numbers are derived from Edison’s ongoing Share of Ear survey, which employs a 4,000-person national sample of persons 13+ and has been conducted online and offline since 2014. Read more
- Another Christmas Station Sets New Market Ratings Record.
- Experts: Ransomware Is A Fact Of Life, And Vigilance Is The Best Defense.
- Sales At P&G, Radio’s No. 2 Advertiser, Up 5% To $18.2 Billion.
- Burning Man CEO’s Advice To Marketers: Allow More Big Ideas.
- Entercom Teams With Claritas On Podcast Ad Attribution Tool.
- ESPN’s Traug Keller Saved ‘Mike & Mike.’ But He Regrets Letting Colin Cowherd Get Away.
- NY Lawmaker Wants to Tax Companies That Make Money From Consumer Data.
- NPR Appoints Keith Woods To Newly Created Chief Diversity Officer Role.
- Mayor’s Suit Against Kirk Minihane And Barstool Sports Dismissed.
- Dentsu Aegis: 3.8% U.S. Ad Growth In 2020; Radio Expected to Climb 2.3%.
- Katie Couric Returns For A Second Season Of ‘Next Question.’
- Morning Shows Dismissed At San Diego’s KXSN And KBZT.