Hawaii – Carla Morris and Sally Dobson’s Resonate Hawaii is downsizing the number of stations it owns on the Big Island. It has struck an $80,000 deal to sell KIPA, Hilo, HI (1060) to Calvary Chapel of Twin Falls. The deal also includes the Hilo, HI-licensed translator K257GV at 99.3 FM. Calvary Chapel will operate the station under a time brokerage agreement until closing. The religious broadcaster already owns the Hilo-licensed translator K201FQ at 88.1 FM. KIPA currently simulcasts the AC “The Beach” format that also airs on KTBH-FM/KWYI (102.7/106.9). Resonate Hawaii also owns “Country 107.7” KKOA, CHR “The Wave” KHWI/KHBC (92.1/92.7) and classic rock “Lava 105.3” KBGX on the Big Island.

Tennessee – Steve and Tim Clenney file a one dollar deal to buy country “Q-97.3” WKJQ-FM, Parsons, TN from their father, Ralph Clenney. The filing with the FCC says Steve Clenney will have a 51% stake and notes he has worked at the station since he finished school. The other 49% will be held by Tim Clenney.

Texas – Camp Peniel files to donate KMPN, Burnet, TX (95.9) to Houston Christian Broadcasters. The Class C3 signal covers an area north of the Austin market.


Oregon – Bicoastal Media closes a $500,000 deal to buy classic hits KURY-FM (95.3) and adult standards KURY (910) in Brookings, OR from Eureka Broadcasting. The deal also includes the Brookings, OR-licensed translator K287CF at 105.3 FM. Bicoastal Media also owns three stations in nearby Crescent City, CA including “K-Pod Hot Country 97.9” KPOD-FM, AC KCRE (94.3) and “News Talk Sport 1240” KPOD. Broker: MCH Enterprises

Texas – Cantico Nuevo Ministry closes a $325,000 deal to buy Spanish Christian “Radio Cristiana” stations KCZO, Carrizo Springs, TX (92.1) and KDFM (103.3) and KLDS (1260) in Falfurrias, TX from Paulino Bernal. Cantico Nuevo Ministry currently owns stations in New York and New Jersey.

Amarillo, TX – Carianne Carstater’s Highway 64 Radio closes a $292,000 deal to buy classic country “Big Country 95.3” KDDD-FM and “True Oldies AM 800” KDDD (800) in Dumas, TX from Darrell Wait. The deal includes a $282,000 promissory note. Highway 64 Radio doesn’t own any other stations.

Bangor, ME – Lee L’Heureux and Patrick Cerullo’s Mainestream Media closes a $100,000 deal to buy WCYR (1400) from Port Broadcasting. The deal also includes the Bangor, ME-licensed translator W275CQ at 102.9 FM. Mainestream Media also owns CHR “Hot 104.7” WHTP in the Portland market which it is now simulcasting on the new Bangor stations. It also owns “Fun Oldies 1280” WJYE in the Augusta-Waterville, ME market. Port Broadcasting still owns oldies WGUY (1230) and soft AC “The Wave” WBAN (1340) in the Bangor market.

Laurel-Hattiesburg, MS – Lee Airwaves closes a $12,000 deal to buy “News Talk 950” WHSY from C.W.H. Broadcasting. The deal also includes the Hattiesburg, MS-licensed translator W290DQ at 105.9 FM. In addition to the purchase price, the contract says Lee Airwaves will pay all the outstanding FCC regulatory fees, property taxes, and other outstanding debts against WHSY. Lee Airwaves already owns talk/classic hits “Cool 104.9” WCJU-FM, country “Nash Icon 98.3” WJDR and talk WCJU (1450) just outside the Laurel-Hattiesburg market.