Bonneville has made a sweeping restructure of its three-station Seattle cluster, with a slew of new organizational appointments intended, in part, to grow its digital business. Effective Monday, Aug. 26, the company has appointed four new directors while giving expanded responsibilities to a trio of managers.
- Mike Salk moves from Program Director of sports “710 ESPN” KIRO to Director of Programming, overseeing news/talk KIRO-FM (97.3) and talk “AM 770” KTTH in addition to the sports station.
- Tina Sorensen advances from Sales Manager of KIRO-FM and KTTH to Director of Digital, managing both content and revenue for the cluster’s digital properties, which include the MyNorthwest web portal.
- Cathy Cangiano expands from “710 ESPN” Sales Manager to Director of Sales for all three stations, plus Seattle Mariners Radio. “710 ESPN” is the Mariners network flagship.
- Alison Lichtbach upgrades from Controller to Director of Finance, managing the Business and Operations Departments.
Marin Brustuen continues to serve as the fifth director in her Human Resources Business Partner role.
Calling the five directors “proven leaders,” VP/Market Manager Dave Pridemore says they’re ready for their new assignments. “They are innovative and prepared to provide guidance as we look to the future of our dynamic and far reaching audio and digital products,” Pridemore said in a news release. “This new structure ensures our success in 2020 and beyond and elevates our daily focus on our digital business which is imperative, as Bonneville Seattle is well positioned in this space to generate significant audience growth and to deliver solid ROI to our clients.”
In addition, Bonneville has given expanded responsibilities to three of the cluster’s managers:
- Bryan Buckalew as the Program Director of KIRO-FM
- Colleen O’Brien as the Managing Editor of KIRO-FM, leading its news department
- Ethan Kelly as Sales Manager for KIRO-FM and KTTH
As part of the restructure, the company has eliminated the position of Director of News and Programming at KIRO-FM.