The Sawdust Podcast Network has struck a deal with SXM Media to handle the distribution and advertising sales for its five fantasy sports and gaming podcasts. It is the first outside producer to sign with SXM Media since it was created last month with the combined sales teams of Stitcher, Pandora and SiriusXM.
“We're ecstatic to team up with SiriusXM and its rapidly expanding podcast platform,” Sawdust Podcast Network cofounder Brad Evans said in the announcement. “We're confident working in lockstep with such an established and well-respected bullhorn as SiriusXM will only advance the ball forward for all parties.”
The five Sawdust series that SXM Media will represent include
- Fade the Noise. Hosts Brad Evans and Nate Lundy take fans through a fast-paced, informational, no-tout look at each day's fantasy sports and betting opportunities.
- Fantasy Fast Track. Hosts Brad Evans and Brandon Funston cover various fantasy football topics - waivers, trade targets, sleepers, busts and more.
- The Rant with Jeff Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe provides unique insights and analysis to help listeners win their fantasy football leagues and daily fantasy sports contests and shares his take on some of the best bets for the week.
- Fantasy Alarm Presents: Ante Up. Hosts Howard Bender and Adam Ronis share their own fantasy picks with their audience. They won't say it unless they play it, so listeners can play what the experts are playing.
- Sticks and Stacks. A fast-paced, 15-minute trip through each day's fantasy sports and betting opportunities in both baseball and hockey. Hosts Shawn Drotar and Jen Piacenti cover the day’s games on the diamond, while Drotar and Nate Lundy focus on the action on the ice.
“With the gaming industry exploding, quality audio content is in high demand to feed voracious audiences,” said Evans. “Our suite of shows supplies the need with energetic, entertaining and informative views from brand name voices.”
The Sawdust Podcast Network joins SXM Media’s growing list of exclusive sports and gaming programming. “We see sports and gaming podcasts as key access points for brands to reach a highly engaged and passionate male audience,” said Lizzie Widhelm, SVP Ad Innovation & B2B Marketing at SXM Media.