Details for WTMJ News Director
Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s Legendary News/Talk Brand WTMJ is looking for a dynamic individual to lead our award-winning news team.
The successful candidate should have a passion for original reporting and be able to demonstrate how they can create news content with a digital first mindset. They should be an effective leader and mentor who will hold our newsroom to elite journalistic standards.
Wisconsinites have looked to WTMJ as a resource of information and enlightenment for over a century. Can you help us write the next chapter in this station’s illustrious history?
Daily Tasks of a News Director:
- • Recruit and lead newsroom staff of WTMJ Radio
- • Develop and maintain newsroom best practices and policies
- • Work with the Director of content to craft an integrated news strategy and content structure based upon WTMJ’s on-air and digital assets
- • Oversee the development of all news related content, weighing the editorial possibility of every story
- • Be able to multitask and make decisions in high stress situations.
- • Write, produce and voice newscasts as needed
Preferred knowledge, skills, and qualifications:
- • Minimum 5 years of TV/Radio/Digital News experience (preferably in a leadership role)
- • Minimum 5 years of on-air experience
- • Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Journalism or related discipline
- • Goal oriented and creative self-starter
- • Passion to be part of the team and ability to work independently
This is an exempt role with a competitive base salary. This role is eligible for full benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Life Insurance, STD, LTD, 401(k) Plan, Dependent Care, paid parental leave, and more with opportunities for salary growth increase with skills and responsibilities and meeting targeted goals. The position will be required to work some evenings and weekends. Opportunity for Growth; Teammates have the opportunity to continuously learn and grow within Good Karma Brands and are responsible to represent GKB, our story, and our core values inside and outside the workplace.
Teammates are encouraged to take a proactive role in building relationships and seeking opportunities throughout the company.
Apply by submitting resume to www.goodkarmabrands.com/careers. All are encouraged to apply.
About Us: Good Karma Brands, LLC (GKB) is a media and marketing company with expertise in leveraging the power of sports and local news to build brands through radio, digital, events, and TV assets. Radio assets include seven ESPN affiliated radio stations in Chicago, Cleveland, Los Angeles, Madison, Milwaukee, New York City, and West Palm Beach, Newsradio 620 WTMJ and 101.7 The Truth in Milwaukee, and two stations in Beaver Dam, Wis. In partnership with ESPN, GKB also offers local marketing partners geo-targeted advertising on ESPN’s digital platforms. In addition to its radio assets, GKB boasts a number of premium brands, including an events division that produces the Wisconsin Sports Awards, Tundra Trio hospitality houses in Green Bay, Wis., and all Florida-based bowl games, including the RoofClaim.com Boca Raton Bowl and others. For more information, please visit www.goodkarmabrands.com